{Collins} Re: Speaker Wire Short on an A-4

It is better to short out speaker terminals with a tube amp than to leave it
open. There should be no damage especially with a relatively low power amp
like in a radio. I did that countless times when I was a kid with no
problems. Many high power tube amps such as guitar or bass amps have
shorting output jacks in case someone forgets to plug in a speaker, they
will not protect them for a long period of time but it is better than
running them open which will destroy a tube amp in short order.

Bob Young
KB1OKL

.