{Collins} Thank You Rod Blocksome!

Gang,

Well, Dayton 2008 is now history.  It was GREAT to see everyone at the CCA
Banquet and CCA Booth!  I was honored to be asked to give the presentation
on the Hammond Museum of Radio.

I was also honored to have Rod Blocksome, K0DAS, as co-host of the
presentation.  Rod put many hours of his own personal time in putting the
Power-Point presentations together for all of us!  I would like to publicly
THANK him for his unselfish dedication to the Collins community and the CCA.
Rod has been a great wealth of knowledge and just an all around great guy
when it comes to the world of Collins Radios...

Rod, THANK YOU for assisting with the setting up and the presentation of the
Hammond Museum of Radio pictures and videos!  Without your help, this
program would not have been possible!

Hopefully, we'll all get together in Cedar Rapids at the beginning of August
for another CCA Banquet!

Speaking of CCA get-togethers, many have already asked about getting
together in Guelph, Ontario, Canada for a weekend of Hammond Museum tours
and special event station ops!  I have volunteered to help organize this
event, so we are investigating the possibility of such an event.  If we do
something like this, I am sure that Nori (Museum curator) and her staff at
the Museum will roll out the red carpet for us, as they always do!  What an
awesome event it would be if we could fire up BOTH KW-1s and the Collins
console at the Museum during the course of the weekend.  Maybe we'll talk
more about it in Cedar Rapids...

Again, thank you Rod for your help with the Hammond presentation; and thank
you Tony, for such a great job of organizing the Dayton festivities!  I WILL
put together a DVD of this presentation and make it available to anyone who
is interested.  (If anyone would like to know more about this fabulous
Museum, please let me know!)  Thanks to all who attended!
--
73,
Floyd Soo, W8RO

.