{Collins} Re: 75A4 muting

You have to mute the 75A-4 using a "blocking voltage"
and not by the usual method of shorting and unshorting
a pair of contacts.  Although the voltage is supposed
to be +20 volts I just use an ordinary "12 volt DC"
wall-wort that is unregulated (as are most of them).
It puts out about 18 volts unregulated and I run it
through a set of relays contacts activated by the
transmitter.  It works fine.

If you try to mute the receiver using the "normal"
method it often takes 10 seconds or more to unmute.

Glen, K9STH

--- Dick Gillespie <k5dic@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I want to pair up my Drake T4X which has a muting jack
to my A4.
I saw a mod somewhere but did not bookmark it. Any
thoughts on proper muting of the A4 would be
appreciated.

Glen, K9STH

Website:  http://k9sth.com

.