Re: {Collins} Need Help on KWM-380

CHARLIE,

THE BULBS IN MINE PLUG IN, ARE NOT SOLDERED. BUT YES, REMOVE THE COVER TO ACCESS THEM. IF THE PLASTIC HAS YELLOWED FROM CIG'S, CLEAN IT WITH SPRAY-NINE.

73'S DAVE WA#HSC

-- "Charlie Hugg - K5MBX" <k5mbx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I am working on a Collins KWM-380. It needs the meter bulbs replaced and I have ordered some from Nebraska SS.  Can I install
them  by removing the screw on the top of the  meter and pulling them out and soldering the wires to the new bulbs? Or is it more
complicated than that? Also, I need to replace the plastic part of the front panel. The speaker grill and plastic cover over the display
is in great shape, but the beige plastic cover under the controls has yellowed. Do I need a complete front panel or can I change just
this plastic cover?  If so, how do I get the old one off and install the new one?  Does anyone know of a source for these front panel
covers? Thanks, Charlie Hugg, K5MBX

  http://www.collinsradio.org/membership/
-paypal accepted-