To: <collins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, January 07, 2009 9:31 AM
Subject: {Collins} Question on setting up bias on KWM-2

When setting up the bias on the KWM-2 is it best to set it up on the power
supply with the radio disconnected from the supply using a DVM or should it be
done while supply is connected to the KWM-2 using the procedure in the
manual?
With supply and DVM I show a -86 of bias.
with the supply connected to the rig I show 40ma after a 10 minute warm up.
If I speak for an extended QSO I notice the bias goes up to 55 on the rigs
meter.
If I set it for 50ma it goes up to 65ma after long winded QSO on 80 meters.
RF output is stable at 100 watts on 80 meters and plate is good  too.
Is this normal?
Supply bias seems to hold steady when off the rig.
Can I trust the KWM-2 meters or is this part of the meter as flaky as the 0
adjust.
Could someone shed some light on this I have searched past post and found
nothing.
Thanks in advance
Dan/N4VET

 http://www.collinsradio.org/membership/