Re: {Collins} 75A-4 loud static when noise limiter is turned off

I second this as a possiblity after repairing a similar pot problem on a
Drake TR4 this past weekend.  A new pot resolved the problem.

73
Lee WB6SSW

In a message dated 01/13/2009 12:16:24 PM Pacific Standard Time,
cemilton@xxxxxxx writes:

> In addition to checking the micas as Kurt mentioned, it's possible a carbon
> comp resistor is going high (or open) as it heats.? I've heard them cause
> "sizzle" and "static".? They appear to be o.k. from visual checks, but often a
> good light and magnifier will show a crack.?

No trees were harmed in sending this email,
but a whole lot of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Good Credit Score is 700 or Above. See yours in just 2 easy steps!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100000075x1215855013x1201028747/aol?redir=http://www.freecredi
treport.com/pm/default.aspx?sc=668072%26hmpgID=62%26bcd=DecemailfooterNO62)