Re: {Collins} Bristoll wrenches

And, so does the 51S-1... It had the Bristol wrench and a tuning tool.

Dave WA3HSC

-- "John B. Doughton" <jbdoug@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

       If  my long term recollections are right , in the US Navy the
Collins  R-390A's Had clips on the back panels Or inside of chassis that
held a Bristoll wrench so you always had one available for pulling panel
knobs and working on drivetrains. Of course these in fact were soon
pulled and kept in tool boxes or put away. These were about 6 to 8
inches long and had a t cross bar at top to turn with. Funny the way the
supply works but in the 60's we were ordering a couple of replacement
knobs and found out that they would cost 100.00 to order one. now these
were fine cast aluminum sturdy knobs but that was unreasonable. further
research found that they had to be made up and to setup an order it cost
the 100.00  but cost was actually say 6.00 or so each. We ordered the
full 100.00 worth and put out the word to other commands that if they
needed any to call us!!  KE7VSC

  http://www.collinsradio.org/membership/
-paypal accepted-