From: "Glen Zook" <gzook@xxxxxxxxx>
To: "Bob Sarquis" <bobsarquis@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, January 19, 2009 9:51 AM
Subject: Re: {Collins} KWM-2A Calibration

That is because of mechanical filter and the fact that you are receiving
using the SSB mode.  The lower the received frequency the stronger the
calibrate signal is going to be so that the difference in "sound" is going
to be less.  In a "perfect" world you would only hear the signal on one
side.  However, the attenuation in the mechanical filter is only about 40 dB
so you are going to hear the "unwanted" sideband although at a much reduced
level.

Remember that the strength of the 100 kHz calibrator decreases as the
harmonic number increases.  Therefore, the strength is going to be a lot
more at 3.5 MHz than at 28.5 MHz.

Glen, K9STH

Website:  http://k9sth.com