Re: {Collins} 75A-4 Loud static after ten minute warmup -- ProblemSOLVED!

Please be aware that the so-called "stable" red silver mica caps in the 75A4 and similar radios are really junk. If they have ANY DC across them in the circuit, they are likely bad. The ones with no DC on them seem to hold up OK but I replace all of the caps in circuits where there is DC across the caps when I service a 75A-4.

It's an ugly secret about this radio and similar radios but relatively easy to cure. Just replace all the red caps with the newer silver micas that will last 100 years.