Re: {Collins} 516F-2 power supply hum when off

Why not sidestep all of these problems by constructing a metal box with some
switched outlets.
This way, you leave the rig switch on at all times and use the switch on the
box to control the power to the 516F-2.
There are at least two failure modes....
Inductive kickback from the transformer that burns off the
contacts......then if that mode don't get'cha the mechanical mode will kick
in and the snap function will break.

One of these problems will happen if the switch is continually operated.

If you have or plan to have the popular mod to add relays and other stuff,
you can save money and get the job done by remote line cord switching.

I wouldn't use a stripline or anything that has punch-down connections
inside.
Make it yourself with real screw terminals...it will last and there will not
be any voltage drop like there may be with a stripline.

Regards

Dave Harmon
CCA 97-535
Midwestern Collins