{Collins} 32S-3 CW Chirp

I have a RE 32S-3 in what appears to be excellent condition, but it has a CW
chirp.  The chirp appears at the beginning of a character.  This is an
on-air chirp, not something I'm hearing in the monitor, but I must say the
monitor tone also sounds chirpy or unstable (seems too high pitched and the
audio frequency will sometimes change frequency).  This is not a 32S-1
however so I assume they are separate problems.  I would characterize the
on-air chirp as a mild.  Not severe but noticeable.  Has anyone had and
solved a similar problems?

73, Bob - W3YY