{Collins} What's this? 5814 Input Amplifier PL6

Folks,

I recently purchased a 75A-3 with the following item installed in the NBFM socket.

Of course I was told it is the NBFM module.  Seems not!

Anyone know what this is:

          5814
Input Amplifier
           PL6

It is 1.25 inches square and 5-1/2 inches tall including octal plug and tube.

The tube is a 12AU7.

The receiver audio output is dead with this unit unplugged in the CW and FM mode but AM audio seems fine.

Before I take it apart, I'd like to know if anyone recognizes the label. I'm thinking it is a homebrew product detector.

Thanks,

Bob W1XT/7   Surprise, AZ