Re: {Collins} 32S-3

Bill,

Waxy surfaces, and wax bubbles on the ceramic caps of this age are quite normal. Look for discoloration or, better yet, check for faults in the caps with a good high impedance VTVM. If you find very peculiar "bubbles" or discoloration tied to the circuitry associated with the blown electrolytics you mentioned, then take a very close look at those.

Bob, KF6BC