Re: {Collins} Collins 30L-1 Arcing at interlock switch

It looks like I took care of the arcing problem with my 30L-1. I found that the energized pin was not centered in the grounding ring. It was hard too see this with the cover on. I adjusted so that the pin was centered with the cover on and cleaned the insulators with rubbing alcohol. I have run the amp through its paces with no further incidents. I think, since it is fresh in my mind, I want to upgrade the power supply with the new capacitors and rectifiers. It's a nice amp and I want to keep it running smooth.

 I want to thank all who have responded with help and ideas. It helped to assure me there was not anything else going on here that I wasn't thinking of.

73 to all...
Mike
N8YOK