{Collins} Fw: 75A3

----- Original Message ----- From: "Steve Darveniza" <stevedz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Phil LaMarche" <plamarc1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, June 26, 2009 8:55 AM
Subject: Re: {Collins} 75A3

Hi Phil,there are a couple of things to do.
1)retune the 455 khz IF transformers so they are overcoupled,a lot of people tune them undercoupled for narrower SSB if bandwidths. 2)if you read the collins 75A-4 manual they have a section on the very problem you are experiencing. 3) if the problem persists where the 455IF is not tuning as it should you will have to remove the cans and change out the silver mica caps inside each one ----- Original Message ----- From: "Phil LaMarche" <plamarc1@xxxxxxxxxxx>