Re: {Collins} 75A3

When I had a 75A-3, I built a substitute for a mechanical filter. It was super simple.Two 18K resistors and a .01 capacitor. Plugged it in one of the fliter sockets. Result was a wide bandwidth for HI-FI AM. Made the 75A-3 sound like my 75A-1

l l
l l S
l_______________l l____________ l H
< l l < O
18K > > 18K R
< .01 < T
l l
l l

A slightly more sophistcated version was written up in Electric Radio, Aug ' 94. Added two RF chokes. Probably is better than what I did.

There are probably other versions as well. You might check the Collins archives, and do some Google searches.

73,

Ernie, k0occ
Atlanta