Re: {Collins} Eimac 3-500Z tube value?

On Jun 26, 2009, at 10:52 PM, Barbara Maloney wrote:

Gentlemen,
This may be slightly off topic, BUT could anyone give me a clue on the value for a pair of 3-500Z tubes NOS in Eimac factory boxes,

Mike,

I dunno about normal ham prices, or what's to be expected at hamfests, but RF Parts lists these modern equivalent tubes. The 3-500Z is the modern replacement for the 3-400Z - and may need slight changes due to being a tiny bit larger.
http://www.rfparts.com

" First Quality Tube at a Competitive Price
These tubes carry 1 Year Limited Warranty (against manufacturing defects and workmanship) through RF PARTS. $164.95 ea. • $329.90/matched pair First Quality Tube at a Competitive Price"

"RFP" line is the best quality graphite anode tube in the Eimac® format. Virtually an exact copy of the Eimac 3-500ZG
$359 per matched pair

" 3-500ZG Amperex
An excellent graphite anode tube of quality equal to Eimac 3-500ZG. Late production made in France, and marked 3-500Z/8802. These tubes carry 1 Year Limited Warranty (against manufacturing defects and workmanship) through RF PARTS.
$319.95 ea."  (Note EACH)

Roy

Roy Morgan
k1lky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx