Re: {Collins} 30L-1 / 572b

Ulrich Schneider wrote:
Hi to the list,

I just bought a matched quad of 572B made by Svetlana from Keith (K5SVC) via
his ebay advertisement. I am enthusiastic about their behaviour in my 30L-1:

All parameters seem to be just fine, no adjustment was necessary at all!
Other than the 811, their plates do not start glowing with just 100W(!) CW
output and in addition to that the power has increased from around 600W to
more than 700. I do not attempt to challenge the amp beyond that but this is
really convincing to make the change, especially considering the high plate
voltage I have, which is around 2000V in idle!

As a summary it is highly recommendable to exchange the 811 to the 573B also
where the price of approx. 200 USD is very reasonable.

Regards,

Ulrich

http://www.collinsradio.org/membership/