{Collins} KWM-2 Slow rise in tune position

For a while I have noticed a slow rise in output in tune and lock position.  Tonight I studied the manual and found that the culprit was probably V 2, a 6U8A tube. I plugged in a replacement and the problem was solved.  The radio worked okay in LSB and USB.  In those positions the "tone oscillator" is not used.  It is used on Tune, CW, and the lock positions.  This is where I was having the trouble.

Richard Pumphrey, wn9ddv