Re: {Collins} KWS-1 Filament switch / Problem solved

On Feb 9, 2010, at 8:52 PM, Otto Carmelo wrote:

This is an update to my previous post about my KWS-1 Filament switch problem.

The problem was caused by the Filament LAMP assembly ... center conductor of the lamp was touching the exterior (squeeze) clamp that holds the lamp assembly to chassis.

Otto,

Thanks much for your report on what caused the problem. It's this sort of odd failure that can drive a person nuts as we try to solve the trouble. In a very small gesture of appreciation, I offer for your thought my Law below. This will keep me and others from having any such problem:

Morgan's Law of Inverse Perversity:

If you have no spare for a critical part, that part will fail at the most inopportune time. If you do have a spare, or spares, the original one will never fail and you'll never use the spare.

Morgan's Law of Inverse Perversity - Troubleshooting Corollary:

If you have no information on an obscure failure mode, that failure will happen to you at the most inopportune time. If you do have complete, detailed information, the system will never fail in that way.

Roy

Roy Morgan
k1lky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
529 Cobb St.