Re: {Collins} KWM 380 Synthesizer Trouble Shooting

Check F2, that's the fuse in the 14 volt line that controls the synth. If it's blown, one of the electrolytic's may be shorted. There are several on that line.

Dave WA3HSC

---------- Original Message ----------
From: highfrequency john <highfrequency_john@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <collins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: {Collins} KWM 380 Synthesizer Trouble Shooting
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 2010 10:44:55 -0500

Hi

I just received from an estate a KWM 380 with a bad synthesizer - it doesn't lock.

I have the repair maual.

I was wondering if anyone had any hints/experience they could share about troble shooting this rig?

I have a fully equipped work bench including HP Spectrum Analyzer which should help troubleshoot but I am not sure if there are common things I need to look at and do before commencing troubleshooting.

Cheers

VE3XKD

John Pavelich CD, MEng Remember this motto to live by: "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"