{Collins} noisy pots

Hi all again,I  use Detoxit D-5 on the shaft/sleeve only,as it is very conductive and lubricates, to a lesser degree.I do not use Detoxit on the carbon element as it's conductivity will distort the linear or log tracking  ratio of  resistance per degree of arc .
I have seen hydrocarbon based solutions in days gone by causing the carbon deposit to "float" off the substrait so the whole thing is ruined.This is particular with the older WE s-line pots .I have resorted to  removing the casing & manually cleaning the element with an earbud.
73 from VK4VN