Re: {Collins} noisy pots

Hi Steve. I am glad you clarified what you did. Thanks

73s de Geoff vk3aht
Beechworth, Victoria,
Phone: 03/ 5757-5125
Australia.

* No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced. *

Steve Darveniza wrote:
Hi all again,I  use Detoxit D-5 on the shaft/sleeve only,as it is very conductive and lubricates, to a lesser degree.I do not use Detoxit on the carbon element as it's conductivity will distort the linear or log tracking  ratio of  resistance per degree of arc .
I have seen hydrocarbon based solutions in days gone by causing the carbon deposit to "float" off the substrait so the whole thing is ruined.This is particular with the older WE s-line pots .I have resorted to  removing the casing & manually cleaning the element with an earbud.
73 from VK4VN