Re: {Collins} noisy pots and DeoxIT

Guys....when all else fails, read the directions. Here is what Caig, the maker of DeoxIT says in an up-to-date product sheet MSDS #PDP100L. QUOTE: "DeoxIT is a fast-acting deoxidizing solution that cleans, preserves, lubricates, and improves conductivity on metal connectors and contacts."
The underline is Caig's. The same sentence is in their Tech Info sheet SB-DIR.

What about carbon pots??

From Caig Info Sheet SB-DIR QUOTE: "CaiLube MCL is formulated to lubricate and enhance signal transmission on conductive plastics and carbon-based controls. On metal surfaces use ProGold and DeoxIT, on plastics use CaiLube MCL."

I think the same info can be found on the website www.caig.com

What do I use for carbon pots? Well....often DeoxIT D5... It does work, but on some pots it has a tendency to lift the carbon track right off the phenolic backing...but I can't say I wasn't warned. What about metal contacts on phenolic switch wafers???

Fred VE1FA