{Collins} K0CXX On The Air :-) de N7OTQ

After too many years of moving, building a new shack building, installing (placing) equipment, putting up new antennas and cabling 250 feet underground to new shack, building out some operating position entries for antenna(s), ground, control buss and power, K0CXX, the voice of the, now relocated, Mogollon Rim Collins Collectors Club, IS ON THE AIR..... for the first time today.

In a last minute attempt to bring up an S-Line, noisy switches and contacts etc in the 75S-3C were conquered, no grid drive and then a failed C177 K2 relay driver filter cap were overcome, and K0CXX, with N7OTQ at the controls, came to life - a bit late for the net I am sorry to say.  I WILL BE THERE NEXT WEEK.

I am happy to say that a blind "Any Collins guys around still?" on 14.263 brought up Rod Blocksome (K0DAS) in Cedar Rapids on his HF-80 1 kw SS system.  What a great first Q.

I still have mucho  connectors to put on for antenna cables and cross feeds, equipment to debug after 5 + years of storage and a lot of stuff to cable up, so I will be on and off for an while.............But I AM ON !!!!!!

Best regards to all of you and I am looking forward to some good old Collins Rag Chewing.

Bill Carns, N7OTQ
K0CXX, Trustee MRCCC
Editor Signal Magazine
CCA Acting President & Board Member