{Collins} First Wednedsay CCA AM Night Mar. 3rd!

FIRST WEDNESDAY AM NIGHT!!! Sponsored by the Collins Collectors Association.

Wednesday March 3rd, 2010 on 3880 kcs at 7:00 PM local East Coast time marks the start of the latest chapter of First Wednesday AM Night, drawing hundreds of vintage stations from across the country.

SPECIAL COMMENT!

Since band conditions have been rather unique this Fall and Winter I would ask that if one of our anchor stations is having trouble contacting stations in his area PLEASE step up to the plate and offer to help out. It does not matter where you are or how much power you are running please lend a hand.

Mike who runs the Mighty Elmac net on the other Wednsday nights of the month has been doing that and he has been working stations all over the country.

This is about AM activity not necessarly Collins AM activity. Please pitch in and help!

Thanks!
Larry WA9VRH
AM Night Coordinator

The East Coast and Central sections run for 90 minutes in response to the tremendous participation in those time zones. The remaining time zones will be an hour. We encourage stations to check-in on AM using Collins and other AM transmitters, new and old. It's an opportunity to revel in this nostalgic mode, enjoy giving vintage equipment a "run," and sharing some storytelling about classic vacuum tube homebrew and commercial designs. Typically more than a hundred stations take part in the evening's coast-to-coast AM event; by the time it concludes at 10:00 PM
Local PST.

LISTEN for the following anchors and stop by to say hello, won't you? You don't have to be running Collins
or vintage gear to be welcomed into the group.

7:00 PM-8:30 PM Local East Coast Time Anchor:  Bob W0YVA

7:30 PM-9:00 PM Local Central Time Anchor:  Jim W0NKL and Brian K0EFJ

8:00 PM-9:00 PM Local Mountain Time Anchor: K0OJ Jim and Chuck KD0ZS

8:00 PM-9:00 PM Local West Coast Time Anchor:  WA6FIZ Mickey

We are still looking for additional anchors in the West Coast time zone. Please contact me if you are interested!

comments please to wa9vrh@xxxxxxxxxxxx