From: "Bob and Sue Jefferis" <ljranch2010-gem@xxxxxxxxx>
To: "Bill Scurlock" <k5gcw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: <collins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, July 12, 2010 10:29 AM
Subject: Re: {Collins} 30L-1 #30 Wire Filament Fuse

Bill,

Yes, it should be in there. Whether it is truly effective is another
question. But, it should indeed be there.

I have a 32S-3 that exhibited peculiar dynamic ALC behavior while static
tests of ALC activity were normal. There was absolutely no evidence that any
wiring had been modified anywhere in the unit. After spending a full day
checking the ALC circuit wiring, and double checking, I confirmed with an
ex-Collins factory guru that indeed, the ALC had been wired wrong at the
factory. The error was such that the unit would pass the factory
acceptance/setup test procedures, but dynamic ALC action was way off. Just
goes to show, nobody's manufacturing QC is perfect.

Bob, KF6BC