 Subject : Re: {Collins} AC input voltage monitoring suggestion

 Date : Sat, 17 Jul 2010 22:41:26 -0400

 From : Roy Morgan <k1lky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

 To : Jim Weisz <w3ka@xxxxxxxxx>

 Cc : <collins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

On Jul 17, 2010, at 2:42 PM, Jim Weisz wrote:...
> Also use an RCA WV-120A AC voltage power line monitor meter ...
> Check the calibration against a known good meter, inside the box is
> a resistor with sliding tap to calibrate
> (and of course caution..line voltage is on the resistor!)..

Jim,

I have one of those RCA voltage meters here and found it frustrating
to calibrate. I would calibrate it carefully against a Weston 400
series meter and some time later it would be quite in error. I
finally figured out that the thing had to be warmed up for some time
before any calibration would hold.

Roy

Roy Morgan
k1lky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx