Re: {Collins} R-388 Spurious Response Problem

They all tend to do that! It is leak thru. The best remedy is a series tuned trap at the offending frequency smack across the antenna terminals. I have also seen a Hi-pass at 2.0 MHz used for this issue Ted WA8ULG ----- Original Message ----- From: "Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <collins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, July 28, 2010 1:31 PM
Subject: {Collins} R-388 Spurious Response Problem

I am getting a spur from a local broadcast station on all "even" bands with double conversion. The station is at 1580, it operates with 50KW and is only a couple of miles from here so the signal strength is enormous. I get a responce on all bands with even megahertz at the center of the band, it is in line with the 1580 position Band-2. I am trying to figure out what causes this and if its normal. The question is perhaps a bit premature because I have not done a complete alignment to the receiver, I am waiting until I can adjust the PTO range before doing that but might have a shot at it before hand if anyone thinks it would help. FWIW, the RX has a top and bottom cover but, since I've been working on it. I don't have the bottom screwed down. Another thing is that I am running the RX through an antenna tuner which is peaked at the moment on the 20 meter ham band and appears to attenuate BC stations when not tuned for low frequencies.
What goes, any ideas?

--
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles