Re: {Collins} 75S3-B S meter seems way too optimistic

I am not "pulling your leg"!

Look inside the the receiver.  Almost directly under the "S" meter is a screwdriver adjusted potentiometer like the one for "S" Meter Zero.  It is basically in line with the Zero control but to the front of the receiver.  It is at about a 5:00 o'clock direction from V-6.  In fact, the label for it should directly under the label for V-6.  It is basically the same spacing away from V-6 as is the Zero control.

I did identify the control location in the schematic wrong!  It is actually in the cathode of V-5b which is the "Q" multiplier.  I know better than to go from memory instead of checking the manual!

Glen, K9STH

Website:  http://k9sth.com