From: David C. Hallam [mailto:david.hallam@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, July 07, 2011 5:01 PM
To: Jerry O. Stern
Cc: collins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: {Collins} Very strange problem discovered during LAB
alignmentonKWM-2 RE

Would that indicate that there is some wavelength of radiation from the
fluorescent lights that affects the polystyrene nose piece on the probe?
Do you always have the probe grounded when working on the low scale?
That would seem to be the only difference when you are using the T.

David
KW4DH

On 7/7/2011 10:49 AM, Jerry O. Stern wrote:
> Is it only with light exposed diodes?  I found WILD VARIABILITY of the
> RF voltage probe in both of my HP 410's (one tube one SS) when
> measuring on the lowest scale (0 - 0.5 VAC) if I have any fluorescent
> workbench lamp too close (even a few feet).  I have see these lamps
> kick the probe up to half scale on this low range.  I have several
> probes, standard and heavy militarized and happens on all.  Only
> exception is when I plug them into the T connector between the RF out
> and dummy load.  Many moons ago when I first saw this, HP410 expert Ashley
(KISS) said that's to be expected.

--
Before I came here I was confused about this subject.  Having listened to
your lecture I am still confused. But on a higher level.

http://www.collinsradio.org/membership/

list admins and does not post to the group!

-----
No virus found in this message.