Re: {Collins} 75S-3C Meter Lamp Replacement

I live in an area with moderately high, but persistently high humidity. Just about every time I apply power to a 75Sx receiver or 32S-3 transmitter that has been idle for 6 months or longer, the meter comes up with moisture fog on the glass interior. I use the original #47 lamps. It typically takes 30 minutes for the fog to clear from the meter. Recently I started moving the meter lamp holder away from the case by about 1/16 inch or less to see if they will "breath" better and stop accumulating so much moisture. Study results are pending. I might even start stuffing the units with desiccant  material while in temporary storage.

73, Bob, KF6BC