Re: {Collins} 51J4/CV591A Interfacing

Good Morning All:

I appreciate the many fine responses to my email question.  Based on what I am reading, it appears that it can be done, but will require modifications to the radio.

My thought is to leave the perfectly good and working 51J4 as is and not screw with the IF, changing caps and such.

I also have a 390A here in the shack that I can hook it up to;  I just thought it would be a neat combo to play with the converter and the 51J4.

I am guessing the most common use of the SSB converter by the military was to tie it to a 390 receiver...?

73--Wally W9BEA