Re: {Collins} 30L-1 doorknob capacitor question

Frank -

1000 uuf is used to be 1000 micro-microfarad (mmF), which is now called 1000 picoFarad (pF). European (primarily) usage is 1 nanoFarad (nF), but US is mostly 0.001 microFarad (uF).

Confusing enough??? :-)

73, Garey - K4OAH
Glen Allen, VA

Drake 2-B, 2-C/2-NT, 4-A, 4-B, C-Line
and TR-4/C Service Supplement CDs
<www.k4oah.com>

frankshughes@xxxxxxx wrote:

Hi,
I am trying to test a doorknob ceramic capacitor from my 30L-1.
I have no idea how to translate this capacitor value marking into any modern
jargon I can understand.

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x257/fish1_07/30L-1_doorknob.jpg

My Fluke says it is 1 nano farad.
My Elmer says it is 1 pico farad.

What say you?

The problem I am chasing is that the amp loading is all the way against the left stop
to get to a "zero" on the meter on 14.2.

The Dennis Brothers 30L-1 training video I have says that it should not be that far over.

No, I have not yet been able to figure out the adjustment procedure for setting the meter zero&
ALC override, possibly if I can ever understand this part the problem will be resolved.

Thanks,
Frank

http://www.collinsradio.org/membership/

  NETS: Tues&  Thur: 3.805 MHz-2000 Central + Fri: 3.895 MHz-2000 Pacific