From: "Glen Zook" <gzook@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, June 02, 2011 12:22 AM
To: <collins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>; "Rich Hallman - N7TR" <rich@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: {Collins} Serial # Range - 75S-3B SB1?

At the instructions of Art Collins the serial numbers were "scrambled" and therefore you can't tell from the serial number the date of production. This was because the 75A-4 receivers were valued depending on the serial number. There are ways of estimating the date of the receiver including the dates on the heterodyne oscillator crystals (if they have not all been changed). Typically, the crystals were used within a month, or two, of the date which they were made.

Glen, K9STH

Website:  http://k9sth.com