Re: {Collins} info or manual for a scope needed

John,

I've used SB-610s for many years - wouldn't be without one.  Yes, you will
be able to "see" flat-topping or other audio distortion on the screen, but
NOT key-clicks.  Those are spectral in nature and require a spectrum
analyzer (or panadapter) to see.  However, you can see the keying of your
carrier, and I can also tell you that if you have VOX problems, you'll see
any sporadic key-ups that mis-adjusted VOX settings might produce.

73, Dale
WA9ENA

converted SB-610 scopes and some of our members offer them as unofficial
but compatible accessories.

> I have an SB-610 scope that works fine; but I don't have a manual. Never
having had a scope I don't know how to choose/set up the waveforms or how
to interpret them once I do see one. My goal is to simply put it in the
coax feed and see transmitted patterns -- hopefully see key clicks or if I
am over driven / poorly adjusted ALC / mic gain on my 2A rig. I realize it
could be connected for received patterns -- and maybe some day I will --
but for now "scope 101" or "scope for dummies" would be nice. Anyone have a
copy of the Heathkit SB-610 manual or a few pages of how to do it?

> Happy for any help that can be offered easily and willing to pay
copy/postage costs. Please reply off list to w4fid@xxxxxxxxxx so I minimize
the list's space.