Re: {Collins} can type capacitors

----- Original Message ----- From: "Steve Darveniza" <stevedz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <collins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, June 10, 2011 4:49 PM
Subject: {Collins} can type capacitors

Hi All looking for the gentleman that is reproducing the chassis mount multiple electrolytics.Looking for 3 x 20 uf at 350VDC please.
73 from Steve  VK4VN

See http://www.hayseedhamfest.com Note, someone asked me about the construction, namely that the cans have seams at the top and soldered wires to the bottom terminals. I confirmed that they are NOT re-stuffed caps but rather brand new ones. Since deep drawn aluminum cans are not easliy avaiable the cans are made of tubing with welded caps and new phenolic insulators. All parts are new and the ones I've gotten are of very high quality.

--
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles