Re: {Collins} S-Line Question for Collins Historians

When the S-Line was housed in one of the "fancy" consoles that Collins pictured in a number of advertisements, I don't think that there would be many, if any, objections to the equipment being in a family room, living room, etc.

However, for a while, I owned one of the consoles that was pictured in a few of the advertisements.  Frankly, except for VERY casual operating, the placement of the equipment was a long way from optimum and operating for any extended amount of time was very tiring.

The console that I owned had openings for the transmitter and receiver plus a smaller item, like a station control, on the lower level and openings for 2 smaller items plus a 30L-1 linear on the upper level.  On the lower level the smaller item was in the center and on the upper level the larger item was in the center.

Glen, K9STH

Website:  http://k9sth.com