From: Tom McDaris [mailto:ab8bw1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Sunday, June 26, 2011 4:59 PM
To: collins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: {Collins} Mic Gain

I have a very nice KWM-2A and 32S-3 and both have what seems a bit of a
problem to me.  Both seem to require too much mic gain.  On tune-up the mic
gain is set almost to the stop clockwise on some bands and always past 1:00
on both rigs.  Both are round emblem and in nice real nice shape.  I get
good reports but hey, isn't that too extreme of a setting?  Before I get
into it I thought I would run it by you guys to see if it is a common
problem with a common fix.  Thanks and 73  AB8BW  Tom
http://www.collinsradio.org/membership/