Re: {Collins} Mic Gain

One thing that affects the tone level, which is used for tune up and for CW in the KWM-2 series and the 32S-1/32S-2, is the 6U8 tone oscillator.  Various tubes have substantially different output and the 6U8 is not known for really long life.  Unfortunately, although a 6EA8 can usually replace the 6U8, in this particular circuit a 6EA8 often does not work well, if at all.  Why?  I have no idea!

Glen, K9STH

Website:  http://k9sth.com