{Collins} 516-f2 questions

Hi everyone...
I am finishing up a 516-F2 rebuild and want to add a transient surpressor. The instrunctions I have (very old) say to add the surpressor acreoss the trans primary...which is fine, but, their diagram shows it across the 115vac primary all the time ... I am thinking it should be after the power switch so when it is plugged in but off the surpressor has no voltage on it.
What is the best way??

Also, this supply already has .01 1KV ceramic safety caps on each side of the power line to ground...should I leave them in as well??
Thanks,
73,
Lee, KC9CDT

Lee Simmonds