Re: {Collins} 516-f2 questions

I don't think it matters much which side of the switch the transient
suppressor is connected to, so long as it is after the fuse, though I prefer
placing it before the switch. The reason is that if the suppressor should
short out, it would be better if the short circuit current wasn't routed
through the switch. You might also place a suppressor across the switch
itself, to protect it from the  inductive kick of the xfmr when the power
supply is switched off.

The .01/1KV bypass caps should be replaced with modern AC line-rated caps.
These are normally specified as  "Class X1 Y2 250VAC"; an example is Mouser
part number   81-DE2F3KH103MN7A, which sell for $0.62/each.

73,
Jim W8ZR