{Collins} KWM-2A question

Folks

I'm rebuilding my recently acquired KWM-2A. It works fine, could use a tune-up, but everything works as I expected. Except for the PTO. I know it's probably nit-picking, but I've read that the Collins PTO is as smooth as (insert your favorite adjectives here). Well, mine is sorta smooth - it doesn't stick, it just seems "tight". It doesn't spin, like I've heard they do. (What good is my weighted knob?) The PTO knob on my R-390s is smoother and looser.

Does anyone have any suggestions before I go taking it apart? Is there a tension adjustment? I've read the articles on pulling and cleaning the PTO. Is this the correct solution?

Thanks for listening.

Bill

--
Bill Turini