From: Charlie T, K3ICH [mailto:pincon@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, June 29, 2011 8:36 AM
To: collins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: {Collins} KWM-2A question

It may not be the fault of the PTO itself, and could be simply a matter of
adjusting the main tuning shaft position.  This operation is very easy to do

and is well documented in the CCA website archives.    If you look at the
drive mechanism of the whole dial assembly, you can see that as the relative

position of the shaft is raised, tuning will be loosen to the point of
slippage.  Moving it down causes a deeper grip of the friction drive to the
point of being too stiff.  The trick is to find a happy medium between the
two.

I've never seen an S-Line PTO "spin" however.  Even with a weighted knob, a
turn or less is about all you'll get if you attempt to twirl it.

73' Charlie k3ICH