From: Dave Risik WA3HSC [mailto:wa3hsc@xxxxxxxx]
Sent: Saturday, March 12, 2011 1:42 PM
To: gbabits@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: collins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: {Collins} Collins Prices?

I agree...

Lately a few guys have been offering equipment at outrageous prices, that is
when prices are listed,  and those who are selling all these "mint
condition" radios seem rather shady by their ads...

I've been a police detective for 15 years, dealing in fraud and financial
crimes... many of these deals are too expensive, or at best to good to be
true.

If I may, I suggest to our membership, to set-up an independent group to
oversee these sales and even pay the shipping, funded through our dues, to
examine and prove the validity and legality of the sales claims. This is not
to set prices, but to make sure that whatever the asking price, the
equipment in question is as stated and not stolen, or being sold for an SK
"improperly".

Dave WA3HSC

In God we trust all others get fingerprinted...