From: Scott Johnson <scottjohnson1@xxxxxxx>
To: Reuben A. Popp <rapopp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: collins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Sun, March 13, 2011 6:05:30 PM
Subject: Re: {Collins} (Another) ART-13 question

Reuben-
You will need a power source that can supply 100A or so for about 500mS,
until the beast comes up to speed.  You will then have a steady state
current draw of around 30-35A, depending on the particular dynamotor,
transmitter, an ambient temperature.  A good setup for the least amount of
cash is probably a couple of deep cycle batteries and a 10 A or so supply to
float them.  The system voltage is nominally 27.5-28VDC, the battery voltage
is 24-25VDC, just as your car is  13.5-14VDC, and 12-12.6VDC nominal,
respectively.

Scott W7SVJ