Re: {Collins} 75S-3B preselector bearing lubricant

----- Original Message ----- From: "Joseph O'Donnell" <jodonnell18@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <collins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, March 22, 2011 5:32 PM
Subject: {Collins} 75S-3B preselector bearing lubricant

Can anyone recommend a good lubricant for the pre-selector tuning shaft bearings?
( for a 75S-3B. )

Would the new Teflon type spray lube be a good choice?
(The type used for bicycle gears / chains.)

Or should I opt for a traditional bearing grease?

Thanks!

Regards, Joe
WB2END

Somewhere in its literature Collins recommended a mil spec grease for the gears and cams in the R-388, might be good for the 75S-3B also. I got it as Aeroshell No.7 but the same stuff is made by other companies. A Google search will find it.

--
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles