From: Jim Garland [mailto:4cx250b@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, March 24, 2011 5:15 PM
To: collins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Bulk] Re: {Collins} No Transmit with 30L1

Brian,
If you short the relay jack on the back of the 30L1 to ground, you should
hear the antenna relay click and see idle current on the plate current meter
position. Also the plate voltage should drop a little.  If you don't see
anything, your relay isn't operating. Since you measure  -neg 165V on the
relay connector, the relay coil is good. It may be that the contacts are
jammed. Unplug the 30L1 and try pushing the relay contacts closed several
times with a screwdriver. If they're jammed somehow, that should free them
up. Also, make sure the phono cable from your 32S3 to the relay jack is
making good connection at each end.
73,
Jim W8ZR

on the 30L1.