{Collins} Loose PA Tuning shaft on a 32S-1

I recently wanted to fire up a 32S-1 that I haven't used in a year.  When I
went to dip the plate, the knob turned but the variable cap in the PA cage
didn't.  I took the rig out of the case and took the knob off.  If I apply
a little pressure to the shaft where the knob goes on, the cap turns but
then it slips.  Does anyone know a fix for this?  (Also, I can't get the
increase load knob off (Behind the PA Tuning knob).  Do I need to take that
off to fix my problem?  If so, any ideas on getting it off?  Thanks  Terry
   K0AOZ