Re: {Collins} 75A-4 Issues

Could it be because it doesn't know the words?

73, Chas

----- Original Message ----- From: "Bob Sullivan" <robert@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "CCAref" <collins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, December 05, 2012 3:38 PM
Subject: {Collins} 75A-4 Issues

Listmates,

For those of you with 75A-4's ... do this little "test;"

Turn RF Gain full CCW and turn up AF Gain to listening level. Switch back and forth between AM and CW-SSB. Do you note a significant increase in hum in the CW-SSB position (and nearly none in AM)? I have done with with five 75A-4's and they all hum in the CW-SSB position.

I realize we seldom use the receiver with RF gain full off (hi) but it's an interesting test. Why the hum? Where is it coming from?

73, Bob
WØYVA
http://www.collinsradio.org/?page_id=37